Would you like a brilliant icebreaker for your event? I’ll write you a short play, supply all the actors and provide something really special.
“A wonderful experience - we’ve been approached by so many delegates praising the production” Debi Brunt, The Royal College of Midwives.
Short plays (10-plus minutes long) - especially if they have a light comedic touch while addressing serious issues - are a great way to kickstart a debate or get people to look at things in a different light. They surprise and delight audiences who may be all Powerpointed-out.....
ANYONE CAN DO ANYTHING for The Royal College of Midwives - about the woeful undervaluing of midwives' expertise.
"I really enjoyed your play" Dame Karlene Davis, as General Secretary of the RCM.
ICE AND A SLICE for Richmond Council - about the effect on children of parental drug and alcohol abuse in a wealthy middle-class suburb.
"Wonderful! A great idea!" Anita Bhangoo, Conference Organiser for Richmond Council.
I KNOW WHAT I LIKE for Janssen-Cilag Ltd - about resistance to change. "A huge thankyou - you guys pulled it off expertly" Val Govender, Neuro-Science Division.
- M.A. Cambridge University, Modern and Mediaeval Languages
- Postgraduate Diploma in Voice Studies, the Central School of Speech and Drama
My courses are for business professionals at all levels, who need to improve their client communication and internal communication skills, and specifically for people who need:
- to motivate or persuade others
- to achieve results while maintaining good relations.
I encourage clients:
- to get the best out of themselves and others
- to understand the dynamics of communication
- to expand their range of communication skills
- to develop personal authority
- to extend their listening skills
- to entertain and engage.
Course participants typically:
- learn to make more interesting (and therefore more productive) choices in their communications;
- identify any self-defeating aspects of their presentational style and develop self-improvement strategies accordingly;
- learn to project their voices effectively and effortlessly;
- build their authority and confidence through practice, feedback and discussion
Training may be one-to-one or in small groups of up to eight people, ensuring that each participant receives sufficient personal attention. Participants in group sessions have the further benefit of having to "perform" in front of several others and being able to learn from their responses and feedback.
Originally commissioned by REED training.
- This day-long course is practical and wide-ranging, encouraging you to get more from your voice and get better results when you speak.
- Made up of practical exercises and techniques to stretch your range of communication skills, this is a friendly, fast-moving day.
- If you need to sound confident, at ease and authoritative without sounding aggressive, this is for you.
“Excellent course and presenter”
Nicola McCoy PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS
Originally commissioned by Lewisham Council and also run widely by the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- This one-day workshop focuses on the idea that ease and having nothing to prove are at the heart of self-confidence.
“One of the best and most productive sessions we have ever held”
Hilary Renwick LEWISHAM COUNCIL
Run by the Institute of Management and The Improvement and Development Agency (IDeA) amongst others.
- This one-day course is for anyone who needs to achieve results without forfeiting goodwill.
- It is designed to make you memorable both because you communicated (which includes listening) with honesty and generosity and because your objectives were crystal clear and will lead to action.
“Very useful - I got a lot out of it”
Janet Rafferty CITIGATE WESTMINSTER
A two-day course during which participants give a total of five presentations.
- The aim of the course is to make you aware of your presentation style and of how to improve it so that you enjoy giving presentations and your listeners enjoy experiencing and remembering them.
"Ros was very professional - excellent at bringing out the very best in all the candidates...she created a pleasant atmosphere and was entertaining....a great trainer."
Delegates at HOMES FOR ISLINGTON.
I provide equality and diversity training for local government. This crucial, controversial and challenging training is about shaping the way people manage to live and work together.
- British Citizenship sample quiz
- examining what it's like to be prejudged or discriminated against.
- Media manipulation - including insidious word association tricks
- Dismantling common stereotypes and myths with reason and debate
- The dividing line between privately held views and what it is acceptable and legal to say/do at work
I also offer tailor-made courses or training programmes for either groups or individuals, dealing with any aspect of the spoken word.